Welcome to the page of LEAF Lab!
LEAF represents four types of skills that are invaluable in the machine learning related research,
including Learning, Exploring, Analyzing and Formulating.
In our LEAF lab, we are interested in data mining, machine learning and natural language processing with
particular applications in healthcare domain. We conduct fundamental research and develop advanced methods
to solve challenges in healthcare. We perform data annotations and create high-quality data for the community
to design and test advanced machine learning models.
We also develop tools to support and demonstrate our research and
make them fun and easy to use for people to learn and explore.
If you are interested in learning more about our research, collaborating, or joining the LEAF lab, please feel free to email
Dr. Ping Wang at ping.wang [at] stevens.edu.
- 08/2021: Paper about the interpretation for document classification accepted by TKDD.
- 07/2021: Successfully defended my Ph.D. dissertation.
- 05/2021: Check out my
Sanghani Center Student Spotlight.
- 04/2021: Won the Research PhD Student of the Year award from CS@VT.
- 04/2021: Selected to give a lightning talk at
WiDS Blacksburg 2021
at Virginia Tech.
- 01/2021: Accepted to Google’s CS Research Mentorship Program (CSRMP) Class of 2021.
- 01/2021: Paper about contextual embedding learning for knowledge graph accepted by WWW 2021.
- 12/2020: Served as the poster mentor and student volunteer at WiML@NeurIPS 2020.
- 12/2020: Paper about self-supervised aspect detection accepted by AAAI 2021.
- 11/2020: Served as a student volunteer at EMNLP 2020.
- 10/2020: Invited to serve on the program committee of NAACL 2021.
- 08/2020: Invited to serve on the program committee of AAAI 2021.
- 08/2020: Received a scholarship for attending GHC 2020 from CS@VT.